COVID-19 Financial Assistance Resources

[vc_row][vc_column][vc_custom_heading text=”COVID-19 Financial Assistance Resources” use_theme_fonts=”yes” el_class=”ch_custom_header”][vc_column_text]Alabama Utilities: Companies in Mobile and the surrounding counties are not disconnecting services for basic needs (water, electric, etc) during the time of crisis, despite ability to make payments. Clients of these companies can call their respective companies if there is any concern.

Alabama Department of Labor: Apply for unemployment. Special exceptions are being made for those who are not able to work during this time.

Salvation Army Financial Assistance

If someone has lost income due to the COVID-19 pandemic-they may be eligible to receive financial assistance in paying your rent, mortgage, and/or utility bills. This assistance is available for families or individuals residing in Jefferson, Shelby, St. Clair and Chilton Counties. Please contact Salvation Army at (251) 438-1625.

Monday-Friday between 9 am-4 pm for more information. REQUIREMENTS
The following information is required for financial assistance:

  1. Proof of loss of wages due to COVID-19 (Letter proving layoff, furlough, or loss of job due to closure)
  2. Photo ID
  3. Past due utility bill with your name or spouse’s name.
  4. Copy of rent or mortgage agreement with late payment notice or eviction notice.
  5. Only one person per household may apply for financial assistance.

*Additional documentation may be required.

United Way: website and 211, or from a cell phone, 888-421-1266.

Call 866-234-5382 for more information about their Community Economic Relief Fund.

Help prioritizing bills with resources from the Your Money, Your Goals toolkit through CFPB.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]