COVID-19 Emergency Preparedness Resources
Preparation Tips and Emergency Preparedness
- Look now at what, if any, durable medical equipment (DME) might help you do some things by yourself.
- Talk with your supports about exposure risk and how people can limit exposure.
- Have an idea of what other resources may exist to “fill in” some of your care worker’s tasks, like local restaurant delivery, pharmacy delivery, and grocery delivery.
- Wash food containers and use your own dishes for takeout. Use no contact services.
- Limit foot traffic in and out of the home, and have attendants disinfect common surfaces, appliances, and DME. Anyone coming into the home must wash their hands before touching anything.
- Have direct support workers designated as “essential personnel.” This will make it so they can come into restricted areas to get to the consumer, if needed.
- Have backup workers ready to go.